So here’s the list of Italian/Western Food that I’ve experimented. I am not good with cooking, so there are some dishes that I need to repeat. Sort of like doing the synthesis! But the feeling of failing in cooking is much worst than failing in synthesizing new compounds.
1) semi-freddo (failed first time cause I whisked the whipping cream until it became butter. Anyway, this is my first time “dealing” with whipping cream, I whisked it with forks. got to repeat! The second time, I made semi-freddo not using any egg. I think I need to re-do again).
2) gnochhi (success! but need better sauce to go with it. The best for me is to cook gnocchi with butter until they become crispy and mix with Parmesan cheese)
3) basil pesto pasta and basil chicken sandwich (success! the chicken is marinated with curry powder , chili powder, and lemon juice)
4) Tuna on bread pizza (success!)
5) Rosemary beef stew (success!)
6) Lasagna (hmm kindda oily maybe because of the beef, will do it again)
7) chicken meatball with tomato sauce and whipped creamy potato on top and baked all together (casserole) (success with modified method and everyone loved it!!)
8) my dad’s baked beans and minced meat
9) Alfredo spaghetti (cheat: prego!)
10) Prawn Oleo/ Garlic Oleo spaghetti
11) Ricotta cheese (success ? haha not sure cause i am not fond of ricotta cheese)
12) Frittata ( tried once with ricotta cheese ehmm kindda nice, will do it again next time with different ingredients).
13) Chicken casserole with garlic bread (mom loved it!)
So i think that’s it. For someone who don’t know how to cook . Next, will try 10 or more indian recipe!! I will try to take pictures of the food that I’ll cook.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/cuisines (will give it a try! for this year).